Develop your barbering skills – Discover your potential
Confidence, competence and creativity
New to barbering? Start here. Fundamental Barbering was created for you - designed to deliver the essential knowledge and core skills that form the backbone of a barber’s expertise.
Progress through interactive and engaging tutorials and:
- learn and establish fundamental barbering skills and techniques
- gain confidence in cutting and styling men’s hair
- increase knowledge and get to grips with using the core tools of this trade
This is your essential spring board into barbering – designed from the ground up to teach the core skills that you’ll need in this fast-paced, creative industry. And I’ll be right here – with support, advice and guidance, when and how you need it.
• Introduction to the context of men’s hairdressing
• Assessing head shapes & hair types
• Standardised approach to sectioning
• Equipment - effective selection of tools and equipment
• Efficient use of all core tools - clippers, razors and scissors
• Finishing techniques
Are you ready?
I’ve spent years honing my craft through Creative Director roles in some of the finest grooming emporiums in the world including Harrods’ Barbershop, The Men's Salon At Selfridges, Gentlemen’s Tonic and The Refinery, Mayfair. Over the 20 years that I've been in my career I have picked up many industry awards and travelled the world sharing my knowledge and passion of the art of barbering. And now you're here, I hope you enjoy the courses we have put together for you!
StartKeep it Masculine
StartStay Sharp - Scissor Play (2:41)
StartStay Sharp - Combs (6:30)
StartFeather Styling Razors & Blades
StartStay Sharp - Scissor Over Comb Technique (4:37)
StartStay Sharp - Clipper Over Comb Technique (2:54)
StartFundamental Techniques Glossary (4:32)
StartClassic Gentleman's Haircut (7:39)
StartLayer Over Comb Technique (0:42)
StartNeckline Shapes (0:33)